Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Movie Review

I have just finished watching The Forbidden Kingdom and I think the whole experience can be summed up into one single word, CRAP!.

Banarr, it was crap-tastic. Which is a shame cause of all the casts in it. Well, not really pulang haha.. Jet Li, typically he would just maintain one facial expression throughout his films. In this context, he was a bit better pulang, but just by a bit. In this film he either smile, maintain a serious face or make that one "funny" monkey face. At least its an improvement right? Hmm.. Then Jackie Chan.. Sama saja macam filem2 lain, nada, nil, zero difference. Then there is that white boy, he was okay i guess. Not too bad but definitely not good. I think OKAY is the perfect word. One exception is the chinese girl, which I think was goooood.. but only when she put her hair in a ponytail though, masa ia inda pakai catu then she became "okay" saja hahaha..

The script was a disaster. It was mostly awkward, tapi ada pulang the funny moments haha.. And the score! Oh man, it was terrible! Hahahha, not really that terrible but after watching Memoirs of a Geisha, i expected better from the western composers when it involved writing a score for asian-oriented movies. I should have known better...

One thing that I realized though are the uncanny similarities with the Lord of the Ring trilogy. I mean, at first the way the group was formed. Then the training. How the weakest was chosen to bear the 'task', then sending the white boy alone. The potion which heals any wounds, the death of the main female character and yada yada yada.. Banyak lah.. I dunno if it was just me, but i really do think that they are at least copying some elements from LOTR.

No character development at all. Even towards the end of the film, I still couldn't care less about what will happen to the characters. It was that bad! The actions was good though, nothing amazing, just the typical kung-fu scenes.

Overall, i would rate it 1.5/5 , honestly I don't know why I am being this generous. Maybe it have something to do with all the chinese in it hahaha...
THE END.

PS: I am thankful that I didn't download this myself. Got it from my friend. Lucky that I didn't waste any of my bandwidth for this "thing". Fuhh..

No comments: