Saturday, February 13, 2010

The weeks after results

Ya Rabbi, only God knows how busy and tiring this month is for me..
First thing first, A am not over my results yet, and I doubt I will ever be.
Then, the scholarships..
Alhamdulillah, even with my results I am still eligible for all of the scholarships offered in Brunei.

First, Sultan Scholar.. During our last meeting, I found out that the minimum requirements for SS is just 3As.. So yes, I still have a chance at this thing! haha..
They called me twice, the first one to know my results and the second one to ask me to collect the registration form from their headquarters. But but but, i didn't answer their second call, hahaha.. I was busy with the march-past rehearsal, so payah lah kan jawap. Baik jua Zudin sudah kana call, so I know what they want hahaha..

Second, MinDef Scholarship. Last Monday (kali lah), durang called me. The first question that the lady asked was "What did you get for your Malay O-level?".. Sekali aku jawaplah "B3 saja" with a sad tone, walaupun aku inda tau siapa becakap atu haha.. So then ia cakap "Oh, OK masih tu!..." and only then ia introduced herself. Weird haha.. They want me to come to their scholarship briefing last Friday. I went there, sekali sudah sampai I waited for Zudin. Tapi di tlipun inda menjawap so naik th ku bas (bangunan where the event will take place ani mesti pakai bas masuk, kerita biasa inda kana suruh. Dunno why.) and off to the hall. Sudah ku masuk, ada rupanya c Zudin sudah! Belacan th banar. One more thing, sudah ku sampai atu baru ku realized yang aku sorang saja pakai baju cara melayu hahaha.. Orang lain semua pakai formal attire. Well inda pulang ku ingau, pasal th tu. lagipun banyak CINA, so pedulith ku tuu..

During the briefing, kami kana explain pasal the selection process. And the selection process begins this month! Arghhhh... Gila, atu panjang processnya! Ada oral interview, written test, short speech, presentation, leadership test and so on. Iatah aku inda berharap langsung ni haha, but Im still gonna take a shot at it. Sayang jua kan, alang2 udah layak atu, cuba saja tia.. And another thing yang ku suka, they specifically stated Computer Science as one of the preferred field. haha, Alhamdulillah. Suka lah ku tarus, iatah aku cuba ani :)

Third one is the BSP scholarship. They are not offering scholarship for Computer Science. Tapi tadi they called and asked whether I still want to go through their assessment center or not and hence their scholarship. Sekali aku gtau lah, "Im keeping my options open." hahaha, sekali katanya bah.. then gtau nya tia that this Tuesday we are going to Seria and tidur sana! Woohoo! Funny thing is, she mentioned that Zudin asked about me when she called her! haha, and katanya "Walaupun we provide one room for each, but you can still share room if you are scared..", atu ketawa ku tarus hahahaha... Sekali katanya if aku dapat scholarship durang, apa course aku mau buat. Ku gtau saja Chemical Engineering.. Pasal awal2 before I did computing for my A-levels, ani plg sebenarnya targetku tapi udah ku belajar computing atu tukar tia jadi Computer Science. Tapi katanya, for Chemical Engineering, mesti buat twinning program arah ITB and arah this one Uni at scotland yang aku inda pernah dangar. This is a real letdown for me... but again, im still gonna try to get this scholarship! hahaha, i heard their assessment center was really hard..

Final one is the MoE scholarships.. The DANA and Special Scheme.. Again, I met the requirements for both of them. So cuba2 lah saja apply.. the DANA one is on the top of my preferred scholarship. Why? Cause the selection process is the simplest of all and yet we still get to choose our future career although kana bonded with the government.

BTW, did you remember about the HSBC Young Entrepreneur Award Competition thingy that Me, Zudin and Liyana joined? Yes, we made it to round 2 haha.. For round 2, we were required to write a business plan. And kami alum start langsung! haha... Tomorrow we are gonna meet at Zudin's house untuk discuss. Mudahan saja sampat buat eh. if inda pun inda pulang papa, as long as we get the certificates.

So, this month aku ada:
1) Projek Belia Cinta Tanah Air
2) HSBC business plan
3) MinDef tests (including a medical checkup..)
4) Mengantar SS borang yang alum ku ambil
5) BSP tests
6) Abgku kan betunang next week! Baru ku tau yesterday :S hahaha..

Pokoknya sibuk lah this month. Kadang2 masa untuk tidur pun dalam 2 jam saja.. hmm.. Tapikan, I do realize that I am currently being offered many opportunities that many can only dream of having. So, I will try my best and let the rest be decided by Allah. Wish me luck! Assalamualaikum..

No comments: